West Linn Community Task Force


Support and Resources for Youth

Whether it's immediate support, questions you have about drugs/alcohol, abuse, family members and friend concerns, and/or peer pressure we hope you find what you are looking for here.  Please contact us if you have questions at communitylivingabove@gmail.com.

Alternative Peer Groups.  What is it - learn more

Cool Spot.  Place to learn about alcohol and peer pressure.  Learn more

Crisis Text Line.  In crisis? Text HELLO to 741741 ™

Generation Found.  A powerful story about one community coming together to ignite a youth addiction recovery revolution in their hometown.  Learn more

Just for Teens - NACOA.  The disease, your family, facts, answers to questions, support.  Learn more

National Institute on Drug Abuse for Teens (NIDA).  Get the latest on how drugs affect the brain and body. Featuring videos, games, blog posts and more!  Learn more

NIDA.  Easy-to-read-drug-facts.  Learn more

Net Addiction.  What is Internet addiction and how much time online is too much? Learn more

Oregon Adolescents / Teens (14 to 19) Support Groups.  Learn more

RAINN. Anti-sexual violence organization.  Learn more - find help

TeenCentral.net.  Safe, free and totally anonymous site that offers help when you need it most. If you have a problem, question, difficult situation or just want to vent, write your “story” and there will be an answer waiting for you within 24-hours. It’s that easy – so log on and work it out!  Learn more

StopBullying.gov.  What is it, facts, cyberbulling, prevent, get help.  Learn more

Wait 21.  Understanding addiction as a disease.  Learn more

Young People in Recovery.   A national grassroots advocacy organization focused on creating recovery-ready communities throughout the nation for young people in, or seeking, recovery.  Learn more

Youthline.  If you’d like to talk please call 1-877-968-8491 or text teen2teen to 839863. YouthLine is a 24/7 service. Teens are available to answer calls, text messages, and chats Seven days a week from 4-10 pm. Feel free to contact us with anything that may be bothering you. No problem is too big or too small for the YouthLine!  Learn more - find help now


This resource list is intended to guide parents and teens to sites that contain general and specific information about alcohol and drug use (Substance Use Disorder). We’re not saying these are the best sites or the only sites, just that these are some we found useful.