Drug and Alcohol Abuse Counseling and Mental Health Service Providers
Many of us on the West Linn Community Task Force know first-hand the panic that sets in when faced with a child’s drug or alcohol abuse problem. Figuring out where to turn first is a daunting task. The following resource list is intended to provide parents with a starting point for dealing with the problem, whether the problem is an emergency that needs to be dealt with now or one that can wait until the right mental health professional is found.
This list is by no means comprehensive, nor is it a list of endorsements or recommendations. It is simply informational. We have tried to arrange the list according to urgency. At the top, you’ll find hotline numbers and emergency numbers. Next you’ll find non-emergency hotline numbers. You’ll then move through names of specific counseling and mental health service providers, and links for large databases that identify other treatment options.
(Disclaimer: This list is not comprehensive and should be used as a referral service, not as an endorsement of particular service providers.)
- Clackamas County Behavioral Health, 24-hour crisis line and referral service.
- Northwest Behavioral Healthcare Services, an adolescent mental health and substance abuse residential program located in Gladstone, Ore.
- Center for Family and Adolescent Research, Portland-based outpatient treatment center or drug-abusing teens.
- Cascadia Behavioral Health, Portland-based provider of mental health and substance abuse counseling services.
- Lifeworks NW, a provider of mental health and substance abuse services with multiple Portland-area locations.
- HealthWorks NW, provides psychiatry, chemical dependency and pain management care.
- ChangePoint Inc., provides drug and alcohol treatment services in the Portlandarea.
- CODA Inc., drug and alcohol treatment services at multiple Portland-area locations.
- Western Psychological and Counseling Services, offers substance abuse and chemical dependency services at multiple Portland-area locations.
www.westernpsych.com, refer to web site for specific location contact information.
- Wright Counseling, West Linn-based provider of adolescent counseling services including drug and alcohol issues.
- National Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Center, a national database for rehabilitation and treatment options.
- Agape Center, a list of drug treatment centers and programs throughout Oregon.
To view Full Resource List online click here.
For a printable PDF version of the Full Resource List click here.
This resource list is intended to guide parents and perhaps teens to sites that contain general and specific information about alcohol and drug abuse. We’re not saying these are the best sites or the only sites, just that these are some we found useful.