West Linn Community Task Force

Resources - Mental Health, Abuse, Substance Use, Bullying

Many in the community know first-hand the panic that sets in when faced with drug/alcohol, abuse, bullying, and/or mental health concerns.  Figuring out where to turn is a daunting task. The following resource list is intended to provide you with a starting point for dealing with the problem, whether the problem is an emergency that needs to be dealt with now or one that can wait until the right resourse is found.  If you are reading this you are in the right place so relax, breathe, and know we are here to help.  

This list is by no means comprehensive, nor is it a list of endorsements or recommendations. It is simply informational. 

Personal Support 

There are families in our community that want to help and support YOU! These families have walked the path that you may be on now and they are waiting to hear from you.  If you have no idea what to do or where to start you are welcome and encourage to reach out WHENEVER you need to.  

If you have general questions feel free to contact us at communitylivingabove@gmail.com

If you would like to speak to a person who can listen and support right now please call the names below - they are waiting to hear from you: 

Alison Mann - (503) 706-1898

Dion Innes - 503-320-4051

Emergency and Crisis

  • Call 911 for medical or mental health emergencies
  • Alcohol and drug helpline, 800-923-4357 or text RecoveryNow to 839863
    For individuals and family members seeking crisis intervention, treatment referral and chemical-dependency information.

  • Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare.  We are one of the largest nonprofit healthcare providers in Oregon with focuses on mental health and addiction treatment services. We understand a home assures a sense of comfort and security.  learn more Having a mental-health emergency?
    Visit Cascadia’s Urgent Walk-In Clinic.
    Open 7 days a week from 7am – 10:30pm
    4212 SE Division, Suite 100, Portland, OR 97206 (map)
    enter at corner of SE Division and 42nd Ave. Please fax records requests to our Central Records Department at: 503-236-7166.

    For help after hours please contact the Multnomah County Mental Health Crisis Intervention line at: 503-988-4888.
    Toll Free: 800-716-9769 | Hearing-Impaired dial: 711
    24/7 crisis counseling by phone, with translation services for non-English speakers.

  • Centerstone Clinic, Clackamas County Crisis Center, Mental health urgent care walk-in services, peer support, Mental Health First Aid classes, and crisis assessment and stabilization services. Reach out
  • Crisis Text Line. In crisis? Text HELLO to 741741 ™ learn more
  • Lines for Life, GET HELP NOW, CALL OUR LIFELINE: 800-273-8255 OR TEXT '273TALK' TO 839863, learn more
  • Clackamas County Behavioral Health.  Crisis Services provides 24-hour help for people experiencing a mental health crisis. We provide consultation, evaluation, and assistance from mental health professionals.  If you are having a mental health emergency, call our crisis line at 503-655-8585.  Our response may include everything from telephone intervention to coordinating same-day, emergency mental health assessment. Crisis services are available to anyone living in Clackamas County, regardless of ability to pay or insurance plan. find help and support now
  • SUICIDE LIFELINE, 800-273-8255 or text 273TALK to 839863

Informational Support

  • 211 Info Learn more
  • Compassionate Interventions.  What is an intervention and do we need that?  learn more
  • Drug Rehab.com, information and answers for people fighting addiction. Questions and answers
  • Oregon Addiction and Mental Health Services. learn more
  • Oregon Health AuthorityWhat's Legal in Oregon
  • Oregon Health Authority - Public Health  Marijuana specific - learn more
  • Oregon Liquor control CommissionGet the Facts
  • SBIRT (Screening, Brief Intervention, Referral to Treatment) represents an innovative, evidence-based approach to addressing unhealthy alcohol use with medical patients.  Learn more
  • Wright Counseling, West Linn-based provider of adolescent counseling services including drug and alcohol issues. Contact for more information, 503-320-9190, Donny Wright Counseling

Law Enforcement

  • Clackamas County Sheriff’s Office Non-Emergency Number
  • Clackamas County Interagency Task Force (CCITF) to provide anonymous information about suspected illegal activity.
  • Community Corrections Residential Services.  The Corrections Center, an 80-bed male facility
    The Women’s Center, a 34-bed facility. Parole & Probation, Field Services Office: 1024 Main Street, Oregon City, OR 97045, 503-655-8603.  Learn more
  • Clackamas County Treatment Courts, For general questions please contact the Clackamas County Treatment Court Office at 503-655-8495.  Clackamas County Treatment Courts are an alternative to normal case processing, which address the recurring cycle of addiction and court involvement. The programs are a unique collaboration of the Court and our local county and private partners. Each court program serves a specific set of case types and population of participants. Each program provides intensive supervision, support and treatment for individuals who are involved in the criminal justice system and are ready to make a major life change.  Treatment Court
  • West Linn Police Non-Emergency
  • West Linn High School Resource Officer Allister Bunch, 503-655-6214, abunch@westlinnoregon.gov
    and 503-673-7815 x-4951, school district email buncha@wlwv.k12.or.us

Mental Health and Substance Use Treatment Providers

(Disclaimer: This list is not comprehensive and should be used as a referral service, not as an endorsement of particular service providers.)

  • Clackamas County Behavioral Health, Clackamas County provides alcohol and drug treatment services through a network of providers. Services may be available for individuals who are mandated for treatment as the result of a DUII. Services include information and education, as well as treatment for adults and youth with substance abuse issues.  learn moreIf you need help or know someone who does, please call 503-742-5335

  • Drug Rehab.com.  Equip patients and families with the best information, resources and tools to overcome addiction and pursue lifelong recovery. learn more
  • Center for Family and Adolescent Research, Portland-based outpatient treatment center. 503-243-1065, learn more
  • Cascadia Behavioral Health, Portland-based provider of mental health and substance abuse counseling services, 503-230-9654, learn more
  • ChangePoint Inc., provides drug and alcohol treatment services in the Portland area.
    503-253-5954, learn more
  • CODA Inc., drug and alcohol treatment services at multiple Portland-area locations.
    503-239-8400, Learn more
  • Hazelden/ Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation, a provider of mental health, addiction and substance abuse services. learn more
  • HealthWorks NW, provides psychiatry, chemical dependency and pain management care.
    503-644-7300, Learn more
  • Intervention America, National Resource on Recovery (outpatient rehabs in OR).  Learn more
  • Lifeworks NW, a provider of mental health and substance abuse services with multiple Portland-area locations. Contact 503-645-9010, learn more
  • National Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Information Center, a national database for rehabilitation and treatment options. learn more
  • Northwest Behavioral Healthcare Services, an adolescent mental health and substance abuse residential program. Learn more
  • Oregon Alcohol & Drug Treatment Centers and Programs, a list of drug treatment centers and programs throughout Oregon.  learn more
  • Western Psychological and Counseling Services, offers substance abuse and chemical dependency services at multiple Portland-area locations.
    Learn more, refer to web site for specific location contact information.

Substance Use - Support 

  • Alano Club of Portland, Oregon's largest and oldest recovery support.  learn more
  • Al-Anon for friends and families who are experiencing Substance Use with a loved one or friend.  learn more and/or find meeting
  • Alateen is part of Al‑Anon Family Groups. Alateen is a fellowship of young Al-Anon members, usually teenagers, whose lives have been affected by someone else's drinking. Alateen groups are sponsored by Al-Anon members who help the group to stay on track. Alateens come together to: learn more find a meeting
  • Clackamas County Prevention & Positive Youth Development.  learn more
  • Lines for Life.  A nonprofit organization that helps prevent substance abuse and suicide. We also work to promote better mental health, improved access to mental-health services, and to diminish public health threats such as the current epidemic of prescription-opioid overdoses in the U.S. learn more
  • Narcotics Anonymous.  Portland Area Phoneline: 503-345-9839, learn more
  • Oregon Partnership Teens Helping Teens Confidential YouthLine.  YouthLine 877-968-8491 A peer-to-peer crisis line for teens. While the line is answered 24/7, it is staffed by teens every day from 4pm to 10 pm. Texting service is available by sending teen2teen to 839863 between 4pm and 10pm.  1-877-968-8491 / Oregon Youth online
  • Portland Area Intergroup.  Portland Area Intergroup (PAI) is a committee of volunteers that encourages mutual support and cooperation between Portland AA groups and provides services that would be too much for the individual groups to handle by themselves. PAI provides the following services for the AA community and the general public:  learn more


  • Bullies2buddies "The Golden Rule System" Extensive website offers articles discussing bullying and tactics for both students and adults, Learn more
  • Oregon Laws on BullyingStop Bullying - Oregon Laws

Abuse - Sexual, Physical, Emotional 

Children's Center, A child abuse Intervention Center, Reach out

Darkness to Light.  Our programs raise awareness of the prevalence and consequences of child sexual abuse by educating adults about the steps they can take to prevent, recognize and react responsibly to the reality of child sexual abuse.  Learn more - find help now

MOSAC, Mothers of Sexually Abuseed Children.  The MOSAC site is designed specifically for mothers who have experienced the sexual abuse of one of their children. Life is difficult for mothers following the disclosure of a child's abuse, and they often have few, if any, resources available to them.  Learn more

RAINN, Nation's largets anti-sexual sexual violence organization.  Resources, information, help and support.  Learn more

Stop it Now. Preventing harm to children.  Help services, prevention advocacy and education, assistance and training.  Learn more - find help now



Return to top

This resource list is intended to guide parents and perhaps teens to sites that contain general and specific information about alcohol and drug abuse. We’re not saying these are the best sites or the only sites, just that these are some we found useful.contactimage